You may want to save this! A good presentation will help you build visibility, trust, and eventually turn your audience into clients, voters, or land you that promotion.
Here are some tips to ace your speech:
1. Go in with the right mindset. Confidence equates to certainty in the minds of others, and people pay for certainty.
2. Stay out of monotone. If you use a monotone voice, people will be checking their emails under the tables instead of listening to you.
3. Practice your speech beforehand.
4. Know your material well enough to be able to look down at your notes, pull a few keywords and be able to talk about them. This requires that you practice your speech.
5. Make eye contact. It draws the audience in. But don't hold any one person hostage with the eyes. They'll start avoiding your gaze.
The points listed above are just a few of MANY. But if you only had time to choose a few, this list is a great start.
Have any questions? Email me at [email protected]
It doesn't matter how rich, handsome, athletic, smart, or beautiful you are, the one thing we ALL have in common is that sometimes our biggest fear is that we won't fit in - that we won't be liked, that we will be awkward, or that we will be rejected.
This fear creeps in when we me meet new people in any number of arenas:
-The first day of school is never easy.
-Fitting in with new co-workers can be equally intimidating.
-Networking events can make us feel isolated.
-And pitching a new product or service requires stepping out of our comfort zone on a daily basis.
Fitting in is different than standing out! And make no mistake, there are times when you're going to want to stand out - but not every situation calls for that. Sometimes, our only desire is to FIT IN.
I have three things you can do right now that will make fitting in easier the next time you enter any arena.
1. Have a warm and genuine smile at the...