You may want to save this! A good presentation will help you build visibility, trust, and eventually turn your audience into clients, voters, or land you that promotion.
Here are some tips to ace your speech:
1. Go in with the right mindset. Confidence equates to certainty in the minds of others, and people pay for certainty.
2. Stay out of monotone. If you use a monotone voice, people will be checking their emails under the tables instead of listening to you.
3. Practice your speech beforehand.
4. Know your material well enough to be able to look down at your notes, pull a few keywords and be able to talk about them. This requires that you practice your speech.
5. Make eye contact. It draws the audience in. But don't hold any one person hostage with the eyes. They'll start avoiding your gaze.
The points listed above are just a few of MANY. But if you only had time to choose a few, this list is a great start.
Have any questions? Email me at [email protected]
It’s hard to behave in an authentic way if you don’t know what you value and desire. At its root, authenticity requires self-awareness and self-knowledge, and accepting your strengths and weaknesses.
Acceptance isn’t always easy, but it’s what we strive for. Authenticity is the basis of executive presence. Trust your intuition. Choose things that move you closer to your values. Notice when you’re being inauthentic.
Research shows that authentic people feel better. They’re more resilient and less likely to turn to self-destructive habits. Authenticity develops trust, credibility, and confidence with the people you interact with.
Authenticity can feel scary and vulnerable, but it also builds intimacy. Be purposeful in your choices. If you’re finding yourself feeling fragmented, bored, unhappy, or uninspired, it could be that you aren’t acting authentically. Creating space for self-awareness is ever-evolving.
I’d love to hear...
You're making hard choices every day. You're tired. Frazzled. Burned out.
Let's stop this madness! All that nurturing you're giving to everybody else? Turn some of that love and compassion on YOU! If your choices are not supporting you and the life you want to create, make new choices that are in alignment with who you are, and who you want to become.
Learn to say NO. Protect the vision that you have for yourself and your future. We need your vision, your creativity, your compassion, your gifts and talents, and your voice - but not at the expense of YOU!
Start asking yourself, "Does this support the life I'm trying to create?" And then create accordingly.
Have questions? Email me at [email protected] Better yet, join my email list!